Bunions are quite pathetic and people facing this trouble are trying to get the best treatments for the same. If you think that surgery is the perfect answer then you are wrong. There are many simplified treatments that are recently becoming quite powerful than surgeries from all aspects and you should make a list of them.
When young women notice that there big toe turning inward they don’t pay much attention to it assuming everything will be ok, the fact is that it won’t. This is usually the first sings that you are getting a bunion. Many women suffer with bunions for years; up to 4.5 million folks can suffer this condition annually. It all starts with the shoes you’re sporting; wearing slender tight fitting shoes with no arch support and high heel excessively can accelerate the condition.
Many people who have notice their large toe moving inwards however they have done nothing to correct it. They kept sporting their high heels till it finally becomes unbearable, not simply to wear their heels but to wear most shoes. Both sexes are susceptible to bunions however women suffer a lot of as a result of they love their heels.
Doctors say they see bunions in patients of all ages, even those as young as eight. Symptoms to appear out for are aches within the joint of the massive toe when walking or standing, red bump on the aspect of the massive toe, pain aggravated by pressure from shoes and therefore the huge toe turning toward the opposite toes.
As soon as you see symptoms see your doctor as if you catch it early enough, you’ll stop or abate the deformity by doing strengthening exercises to create up the muscles. You’ll conjointly wear an insert to carry the foot up to where it ought to be.
|Product||Type||Our Rating||Buying Option|
|DR JK- Comprehensive Bunion Relief BunionPal Kit||Toe separator|
|Dr. Frederick's Original 2 Piece Standard Bunion Toe Separator||Toe separator|
|FEETFIX Bunion Corrector Toe Splint Kit||Splint|
YOGABODY Toe Spreaders & Separators||Toe separator|
|Doact Gel Toe Pad Bunion Protector Sleeves ||Splint|
What is a bunion
A bunion is when your big toe slowly dislocates from the joint, it moves inwards towards the other toes. The bump you see is the joint sticking out as a result of the metatarsal bone moving away from the foot. Many people think bunions are hereditary but it’s the structure of the foot that makes people more prone to bunions which is hereditary.
A bunion can be caused by things like flat feet, the structure of your foot or a foot injury. It can also be brought on by the shoes you wear; wearing high heel shoes excessively will accelerate the condition, as will wear narrow tight shoes with little or no support. (I.e. flip flops).
Bunions are said to be progressive deformity. What this means that the bump will continue to grow, unless you completely stop walking. The great toe will continue drifting towards and under the pointer toe until the pointer toe is cocked upwards. The good news is that a bunion may take up to 60 years in the making.
What are the major causes of bunions?
- The doctors have noticed that bunions occur mainly due to any kind of foot injuries. If the foot injuries remain untreated for a long time then they might get converted into bunions. Bunions are really quite painful and at times the pain becomes simply unbearable.
- Foot-bone deformities are often treated as bunions and these deformities might occur since birth. These deformities should be treated carefully and in maximum cases surgery is the only solution to deal with the same. These deformities can be even inherited.
- If you are wearing narrow shoes since a long time then at one point of time your foot might face this trouble which is really quite hectic to deal with. This is why you are always suggested choosing only right pair of shoes so that bunion formation can be effectively prevented.
What are bunion corrector
A bunion corrector is a simple tool for reducing the pain associated with bunions, and can even help prevent or delay the need for surgery. It is the most effective and non-surgical way of treating bunion. With bunion corrector most people with bunions can perform their day to day activities without much problem.
Types of Bunion Correctors
There are basically three types of bunion correctors available and they are:
Toe separators: Toe separators are used between big and the second toe. They are small and flexible device that is made up of plastic. If your bunion is at early stage then toe separators are best as it will prevent bunions from becoming more severe.
Bunion splint: Bunion splints are made of of soft and thin material and are usually worn at night. They are many types of bunion splint available that differs in design and rigidity. There are some that push the big toe over while other pull the big toe over.
Bunion Pads: Bunion pads are mostly made of moleskin and can be placed directly over the bunion region. They are thin enough to fit comfortably into your favorite shoes. Bunion pads don’t correct the position of the toe.
Home remedies for treating bunions?
If you want to get rid of bunions from the root, then nothing can be the best solution other than choosing home remedies. These remedies include only natural treatments and these treatments are much more effective and powerful than that of surgeries.
People who are thinking to go for surgeries in order to get instant relief from bunion symptoms are to be informed that you might get into different unwanted side-effects after surgeries. But in case if home remedies no side effects are there and moreover speedy recovery is also assured.
Therefore, you can have full faith on home remedies in case you are suffering from tremendous signs or symptoms of bunions. Some of the leading home remedies that can cater improved results are as follows:-
- Inflamed foot can be well treated only by means of ice packs. These packs need to be applied directly on affected areas and you should repeat the process in a consistent manner. This is one of the simplest remedy and you can opt for the same at any point of time. Crushed ice is being wrapped within thin towel for covering the painful area. Nerves become numb as a result of which pain gets instantly released.
- Massaging is now treated as the best solution, though temporary relief can be gained but if you continue doing the activity then the bunions will get completely cured. In this regard, only medically approved essential oils are to be used like coconut, olive, castor or others. Nerves can get stimulated, foot bone-sizes can get reduced and blood circulation can be improved as a result of massaging.
- There are different kinds of foot exercises that are quite useful in this regard and you can get speedy results by practicing these exercises correctly and sincerely. In this way, toe flexibility can be increased along with effective pain reduction.
- Warm water and Epsom salt together can create a powerful solution and if you dip your foot within the solution for some time then you can get greater relief from chronic pains. This kind of treatment is often found to get accompanied by massaging so that rapid results can be acquired.
- Turmeric and chamomile are also two popular home remedies that can help in healing up bunions with greater effects. Bunion tissues are softened as a result of which you can get rid of unwanted symptoms as soon as possible. Olive oil can also be applied together with these ingredients.
- Aspirin soak can be treated as the best remedy for treating different kinds of foot problems especially bunions. Calluses and corns can be prevented by means of softening bunion bones of your feet.
- Calendula can be the most useful remedy in this regard and our foot can get soothing effects after applying the same. Juice extracted from Calendula leaves needs to be applied on bunions.
Quick Tips For Bunion Pain Relief
Bunions can be really painful when not treated. The underlying cause for bunions is actually hereditary, this being mentioned people with bunions develop this overtime although wearing uncomfortable footwear can hasten bunion development. Surgery can be a permanent solution for bunion relief but this can be really expensive and lighter degrees of bunion formation can still be alleviated of by using home remedies, bunion splints, and other foot care applications. This article will discuss three alternative methods for bunion relief specifically bunion splints, bunion pads, and a paraffin wax spa application that can be made at home.
Bunion splints can be bought at your local beauty shops or on the internet. Bunion splints are generally made from synthetic elastic material that can help relieve bunion pain and position the big toe in a way that will help avoid discomfort from the bunion. Aside from bunion splints toe spreaders can also help with bunion related problems such as stiffness and possibly chaffing. Bunion splints and toe spreaders stretch and help your feet feel comfortable and some products and models can even be worn overnight. Although it does not guarantee to effectively realign your bone and tissue it can nevertheless provide needed respite from the discomfort of having a bunion.
Another alternative to help provide relief to your bunion plagued feet are bunion pads. These soft gel-based products are often used to line the interior of shoes to avoid irritation and chaffing of the skin on the bunion or just to give a more comfortable feeling to bunion sufferers when wearing shoes. These pads may come as a toe spacer or as surrounding pads which can help prevent the bunion from having contact with the interior of a shoe. Although comfortable footwear may negate the purpose of bunion pads chronic bunion sufferers whose complication are close to needing medical attention can temporarily gain the much needed release from bunion induced pain and discomfort.
Paraffin wax can actually be used as an application to help in bunion relief. Melting paraffin wax mixed in mineral oil then later directly applied or used as a foot spa can soothe bunion pain and provide temporary relief. And if applied directly, a plastic wrap can be used over the wax in order to keep the heat and moisture in the wax longer. The paraffin wax can be peeled off after ten minutes or after it loses its heat and can be reused several times for reapplication.
Living with bunions
- Wear comfortable shoes that match the shape of your foot.
- Wear wide fitting shoe.
- Apply a bunion pad around the bony to help protect it.
- If your bunion is painful use ice packs a few times a day, this will reduce swelling.
- Avoid high-heeled, narrow shoes.
- Before surgery, there are other things you can try.
- The most important thing is the type of shoe you wear. The best type is a wide, smooth shoe with good arch support. Collapsing of the arch means you’ll get bunions quicker.
- Flip-flops are one of the worst types of footwear for people with bunions; also avoid shoes with a heel of more than two inches and shoes that are narrow in the front.
- You can also try pads or splints which do not correct the bunion but can ease the pain, or orthotics, which are custom-molded plates for the shoe that control the motion of the foot and prevent the metatarsal bone from moving away from the toes.
- If doctors see a bunion starting in a young person, try orthotics right away to try to avoid surgery. Seek professional podiatric assistance if your bunions are uncomfortable or noticeable.